The Art of Frame Drumming & Improvising
- Learn to drum on one of the worlds first drums – the frame drum – a mystical instrument used by Priestesses and Shamans in cultures worldwide – for celebrations, rituals and rites of passages.
- Unleash your creative genius through improvising, learning how to compose and notate your OWN rhythms and improvise in ANY meter!
- Open to all levels, beginners encouraged.
- Frame Drums Provided and will be available for sale after workshop.
WORKSHOP INCLUDES LEARNING:
THE ART OF FRAME DRUMMING:
– Learn basic playing strokes and extended techniques for the frame drum, in lap, tar and free-hand styles
IMPROVISING MADE EASY!:
– Everyone is a composer. Learn fun approaches to improvising and creating your own music!
– We will explore Solkattu, (South Indian vocal percussion) and other Indian music concepts to help facilitate improvising EASILY in any meter!
DRUMMING SKILLS 101:
– Learn the fundamental basics building blocks to drumming, such as how to improvise easily in any meter, proper drum care, and how to play in solid time.
MUSIC LISTENING :
– Learn about different musics from around the world – from additional countries such as Bali, Japan and Iran.
SHAMANIC DRUMMING PRACTICES
– Learn Shamanic -infused rituals that you can do with the drumming that can result in bringing dynamic transformation, calmness, grounding and inner peace into your life.
HAVE FUN & DRUM – TAKE HOME PRACTICES:
– With handouts and practical exercises, you will learn FUN rituals you can do to continue drumming in your life, weather its by yourself or with a group of friends.
You will leave this course with all the tools to be an educated, confident, creative, inspired improvising frame drummer!!
- Drums Provided. Open to all levels, Beginners encouraged
- Offered as a one hour to full day program.