Winter Wellness Workshop
The Magic of Long Time Cycles & Vocal Toning
November 29, 2020 | 11:00am -1:00pm PST
Wherever you live in the world, we are in a time of reflection. When it can be easier to focus on our losses and stresses, it is important to give thanks for all that we do have. It is also a time to heal and to make positive changes.
There is an abundant natural medicine to be found in playing long time cycles.
They have the ability to put us into a ‘drum trance’ ~ a therapeutic, peaceful state of consciousness – which is MUCH needed right now!
And I’d love to share this magic with you!
Come join our special event, get inspired with new techniques, rhythms and songs, while connecting to an AMAZING global community of like-minded, beautifully-spirited frame drummers
DURING OUR TIME TOGETHER, WE WILL EXPLORE:
PLAY FRAME DRUM, RHYTHMS & IMPROVISATIONS
- Basic strokes in the frame drum “upright” style
- Marla’s favorite trance-healing rhythms in long time cycles
- Explore improvising and creating your “seed” rhythms
- Discover the science, serenity and sonic magic of long time cycle rhythms
CHANT, PRACTICE VOCAL TONING & LEARN ABOUT MUSIC THEORY (Great for newbies!)
- Practices to connect and strengthen your voice
- Vocal toning incorporating basic music theory
- Find our ‘Sa’ of the frame drum
- Accompany our drum practice/prayers with vocal toning – good for your body, mind and soul!
BE PART OF A COMMUNITY
- Drum and heal with a community of like-minded souls
- ‘Buddy’ practice session with rhythms learned. Great opportunity to meet new drumming friends from around the world while we are still in lockdown.
- Special drum journey/Play-along/Ceremony
- Time for Q&A
- PDF with notated rhythms.
~ Perfect for ALL levels!
Beginner level students will feel joyfully challenged while intermediate/advanced students will be inspired with new treats!
GROOVE WITH US HERE:
DATE: November 29, 2020
TIME: 11:am PST – 1:00pm PST (Pacific Standard Time)
THIS WORKSHOP IS DONATION-BASED:
Suggested donation for 2 hours of drum magic, is between $20-$35
1 – To sign up, please use the link below and fill in your donation amount
(suggested donation is b/w $20 – $35)
2 – You will receive an email a few days before the event with the LINK to our event.
The email will be sent to the address you used for your payment.
Can’t attend live? We’ve got you covered…
A recording of the event will be sent to all registered students.
You have LIFETIME ACCESS to the recording to GROOVE in your own time, at your own pace!
WHAT OTHERS SAY:
“Marla is an articulate and engaging teacher, with a thorough knowledge of hand drum performance techniques. Her combination of precision and understanding creates a lasting and positive impression on her students.”
– Glen Velez, Four Time Grammy Winning Percussionist,
“Thank you for your excellent teaching. As a newbie, I came across your workshop on Facebook. I never thought I could learn to drum online in just a few hours. I am hooked.”
“Your classes are keeping me sane during this time of COVID. Drumming has truly transformed my life. Thank you Marla. Highly recommend her lessons.”
-Sarea James, Frame Drum Academy Graduate 2019