Join us for this Rhythmic Oddessy …
DISCOVER ONE OF THE WORLDS MOST ANCIENT AND HEALING INSTRUMENTS, THE FRAME DRUM
DURING THIS SPECIAL TRAINING, WE WILL EXPLORE..
TRADITION & TECHNIQUE:
- Focus on Middle Eastern Finger Techniques that are adaptable to all types of hand drums
- Learn how to play in all three playing styles (ie, lap, upright and free hand).
- Learn how to drum with confidence, creativity and exquisite technique!
- Discover how to play commonly used Middle Eastern Rhythms (great rhythms for drum circles, parties, bellydancers).
SKILLS & FOUNDATION:
- Learn Essential Drumming 101 Skills.
- Begin a relationship with your metronome!
- How to commit to a practice routine that produces results!
- Learn how to improvise easily in ANY meters.
EXPLORE THE DRUM:
- Explore the magic of your voice through chanting & drumming!
- Gain confidence in composing your own rhythm songs
- Learn how to read, notate and write rhythms
- Group Drumming Assigments
DRUM IN COMMUNITY:
- Drum with other like-minded Rhythm-seekers
- Meet friends that you can continue to practice with (or perhaps form a group!)
- Nourish your sou; Enjoy a lovely Organic Lunch
SPACE IS VERY LIMITED, PLEASE RSVP TO ENSURE YOUR SPACE!
Due to our limit space, we suggest that you sign up sooner then later.
What will I gain from this Immersion?
AFTER THIS IMMERSION, YOU WILL:
- Be proficient in Basic Frame Drum Techniques
- Able to play Rhythms from around the world!
- Learn the basics to improvising! Yes!
- Gain inspiration to continue a drum practice. This is essential!
- Meet like-minded Drum Enthusiasts!
OPEN TO BOTH BEGINNER & INTERMEDIATE PLAYERS
- The immersion is open to all levels- Beginners highly encouraged!
- Intermediate Level students also encouraged to attend
- Marla structures the workshop to be informative, inspiring and fun for all levels.
- Beginners will be inspired, and experienced players will expand on their existing knowledge.
Open to ALL Levels. Beginners Encouraged.
Drums Provided. Your drums are welcome too!
SPACE IS VERY VERY LIMITED!!
*If you hear the call, join us, do not wait, this will fill up!
11:00 – 11:15- Check In
11:15 -1:15pm – Drum Class 1
1:15pm -2:15 pm- Fully Catered Organic Lunch by Chef Susan
2:15 – 3:30 – Drum Class 2
3:30 – 4:15 – Drum Class 3
4:15 – 4:45 – Drum Class 3
4:45 -5:15pm – Closing Drum Ceremony & Concert
Farm to Table – Organic Lunch
We will celebrate this special gathering with daily home-cooked Organic Lunch,
prepared by the AMAZING Chef Elise!
There’s nothing as special (besides drumming) then sharing a meal together!
Our healing Lunches includes plates like: homemade Lentil Soup, homemade Chicken soup (for non-Veggies), Israeli Salad, Hummus and Veggies and fresh bread and chocolate :).(All organic, sourced from local farmers).
CLICK BELOW TO SIGN UP –
Only $125 (includes lunch)
*You will receive an email confirmation upon registration, aprox 24 -72 hours after signing up!
- Sunday, April 7, 2019
- 11:00 am – 5:00pm
- Private Hilltop home in Topanga, CA (address given upon registration)
- Drums are provided, but you are welcome to bring your drums too!
(includes all day immersion AND organic lunch)
1 – Please send payment via PAYPAL or CREDIT at the link below!
2 – Payment is also accepted via VENMO – Please send payment to the address “firstname.lastname@example.org
3 – You will get a welcome email a few days before the workshop starts
So, Why Drum?
Drumming is a valuable treatment for stress, chronic pain, addictions, mental illness, emotional disorders and a wide range of physical disabilities.
The benefits include relaxation, healing, more energy, greater mental clarity, enhanced creativity and deeper self-awareness.
CHECK OUT MARLA’S ARTICLE
‘5 REASONS DRUMMING IS NOT JUST A HIPPY THING”