2020 is SOON Approaching…
How will you be celebrating it
Join us for this Rhythmic Oddessy …
DRUM in your Intentions for 2020
DISCOVER ONE OF THE WORLDS MOST ANCIENT & HEALING DRUMS –
THE FRAME DRUM!
What We Will Explore…
★TRADITION & TECHNIQUE:
- Focus on Middle Eastern Finger Techniques that are adaptable to all types of hand drums
- Learn how to play in all three playing styles (ie, lap, upright and free hand).
- Learn how to drum with confidence, creativity and exquisite technique!
- Discover how to play commonly used Middle Eastern Rhythms (great rhythms for drum circles, parties, bellydancers).
★SKILLS & FOUNDATION:
- Learn Essential Drumming 101 Skills.
- Begin a relationship with your metronome!
- How to commit to a practice routine that produces results!
- Learn how to improvise easily in ANY meters.
★EXPLORE THE DRUM:
- Explore the magic of your voice through chanting & drumming!
- Gain confidence in composing your own rhythm songs
- Learn how to read, notate and write rhythms
- Group Drumming Assignments
★DRUM IN COMMUNITY:
- Drum with other like-minded Rhythm-seekers
- Meet friends that you can continue to practice with (or perhaps form a group!)
★HEALTHY DRUMMING BODY!
- Drumming is a PHYSICAL Sport!
- Learn Mudras and stretches with our special guest teacher Janice Craig!
- There’s nothing like sharing a meal together to get to know people!
- Bring delicious food to share for our lunch!
SPACE IS VERY VERY LIMITED!!
*If you hear the call, join us, do not wait, this will fill up!
What will I gain from this Immersion?
AFTER THIS IMMERSION, YOU WILL:
- Be proficient in Basic Frame Drum Techniques
- Able to play Rhythms from around the world!
- Learn the basics to improvising! Yes!
- Gain inspiration to continue a drum practice. This is essential!
- Meet like-minded Drum Enthusiasts!
OPEN TO BOTH BEGINNER & INTERMEDIATE PLAYERS
- The immersion is open to all levels- Beginners highly encouraged!
- Intermediate Level students also encouraged to attend
- Marla structures the workshop to be informative, inspiring and fun for all levels.
- Beginners will be inspired, and experienced players will expand on their existing knowledge.
Open to ALL Levels. Beginners Encouraged.
DRUMS NOT PROVIDED!
10:30 – 10:45- Check In
10:45- 11:15 – Mudras and Stretches for Drummers with Special Guest, Janice Craig
11:30 – 1:00: Drum Class 1
1:00 – 2:15 – Lunch
2:15 – 3:15 – Drum Class 2
3:30 – 4:45 – Drum Class 3
5:00 – 6:00pm – Closing Drum Ceremony & Concert
Special Guest Teacher
Janice Craig! (mudras for healthy hands & yoga for drummers)
Janice Craig is a Yogini, Healer and Ritual Artist. She has been initiated into the lineage of Sri Vidya under Sri Amritananda Natha Saraswati and is authorized to transmit the teachings. Janice is a Priestess of the 13 Moon Mystery School, a certified Yoga Instructor, Ayurvedic Practitioner and Licensed Massage therapist.
- Sunday, December 29, 2019
- 10:30 am – 6:00pm
- Private Home in San Rafeal, CA (address given upon registration)
DRUMS ARE NOT PROVIDED
Your Rhythmic Investment!
EARLY BIRD RATE:
(price goes up $25 on December 1o, 2019)
Drumming is a valuable treatment for stress, chronic pain, addictions, mental illness, emotional disorders and a wide range of physical disabilities.
The benefits include relaxation, healing, more energy, greater mental clarity, enhanced creativity and deeper self-awareness.
CHECK OUT MARLA’S ARTICLE
5 REASONS DRUMMING IS NOT JUST A HIPPY THING”