Frame Drum Playshop,
Potluck & Sound Healing
Vancouver Island, Comox Valley, Canada
Join Marla Leigh (www.marlaleigh.com), internationally known frame drum specialist, on an unforgettable journey of exploration into the art of playing one of the world’s oldest and most mystical instruments — the frame drum.
The frame drum is an ancient, powerful, archetypal instrument traditionally played by priestesses and shamans in cultures worldwide for ceremony, rites of passage, communal bonding and celebration.
Experience the magic of frame drumming, world grooves, improvising and composing your own rhythms when you sign up for this unique opportunity to learn with one of the world’s few female frame drum experts in the beautiful Comox Valley on Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
WEEKEND WORKSHOP IMMERSION INCLUDES :
– Gentle yoga stretches for drummers.
– Learn how to play the frame drum in lap, upright and free hand styles
– learn to play and improvise using traditional world rhythms
– Learn the incredible art of vocal percussion from South India “solkattu”
– Learn rhythms skills to help you be a solid drummer
– Learn how to improvise in any meter!
– Learn the history of Frame Drumming, with pictures and stories.
– Learn how to compose and notate your own rhythms
– Drumming rituals for healing and wellness
– Closing Sound Healing/DrumMeditation by Marla
OPEN TO ALL LEVELS!
Please bring your frame drums. If you do NOT have a frame drum, please email Marla – to let her know – and she will bring you one.
Date : AUGUST 14
Time : 4:30pm-8:30pm (we will have a short break for dinner)
Investment: $52 Pre Sale until August 10 | $70 thereafter
Special Discount : Bring a Friend – Each get $4 off
Location: Private Home in Comox Valley
Please send payment via PayPal to the address “Marla@marlaleigh.com”.
You can also bring cash.
You will receive an email upon registration with confirmation – and workshop location.
See you there!