End of Summer Drum Celebration!
WE WILL EXPLORE..
FRAME DRUM WORKSHOP (2.5 hours)
- Learn about the dynamic world of Frame Drumming.
- Focus on Middle Eastern Finger Techniques that are adaptable to ALL types of Hand Drums!!
- Meet and drum with other like-minded Rhythm-seekers
- Explore drumming & chanting
- Learn Essential Drumming 101 Skills (how to play in solid time, produce great tones ect)
- Discover how to play commonly used Middle Eastern Rhythms (great rhythms for drum circles, parties, bellydancers)
- Explore how to use Drumming as a tool for Sound Healing and Meditation
- Closing Meditative Drum Sound Bath by Marla
- Please see below!
CONCERT AFTER DINNER:
- Evening will close with a concert featuring Marla and special guests
- Have something to share? Please share your talents with us at this concert, bring your instrument, song, dance..ect..SPACE IS VERY LIMITED TO ONLY 8 PEOPLE, please RSVP to ensure your space
What will I gain from this Summer Celebration?
AFTER THIS IMMERSION, YOU WILL:
- *Be proficient in Basic Frame Drum Techniques
- *Be able to play ANY type of hand drum using techniques learned
- *Able to play Rhythms from around the world!
- *Learn the basics to improvising and be able to create your own rhythms!
- *Gain inspiration to continue a drum practice.
- *Meet like –minded drumming friends to continue a drum practice with!
Open to ALL Levels. Beginners Encouraged.
Bring a Drum if you have one!!
We can also provide drums;
If you would like to reserve a drum for this workshop, please email Marla to let her know
(marla at marlaleigh.com).
Farm to Table – Organic Grill Out with Chef Emily!
We will culminate this special gathering with a special meal prepared by Chef Emily
There’s nothing as special (besides drumming) then sharing a meal together!
Labour Day Grill Out will include grilled chicken and/or fish skewers, grilled vegetables and a lentil or quinoa salad veggies and dip out, as well. G/F menu. You are welcome to bring a drink or dessert to share!
- SEPTEMBER 4, 2017
- 4:30pm – 9pm
*Workshop 4:30 – 7pm
*Concert – 8:30 -9pm
- Private Rooftop home in Harlem. (address given upon registration)
@ 125th and 2nd Ave – a few blocks from the 4/5 subway stop and the Metro North stop at 125th and there is parking in the bldg– 6 hr parking is $11. Owner has a cat !!
- EARLY BIRD
ONLY $76 !!!
- REGULAR REGISTRATION (Day of event)
- DINNER & CONCERT ONLY (*no workshop)
WE HAVE VERY LIMITED SPACE- SO PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO SIGN UP IF THIS CALLS TO YOU!
- You can sign up either by Paypal or with Vimeo.
- Please see registration details below.
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION, only $75!!
- Please send payment to “email@example.com”
Once you sign up, you will receive an email confirmation within 72 hours!
Drumming is a valuable treatment for stress, chronic pain, addictions, mental illness, emotional disorders and a wide range of physical disabilities.
The benefits include relaxation, healing, more energy, greater mental clarity, enhanced creativity and deeper self-awareness.
CHECK OUT MARLA’S ARTICLE
’5 REASONS DRUMMING IS NOT JUST A HIPPY THING”