“Then Miriam the prophetess, Aaron’s sister, took a tambourine (also called “Tof Miriam” or “Frame Drum”) in her hand, and all the women followed her, with tambourines and dancing” – Exodus 15:20
THE ART AND JOY OF THE TOF MIRIAM DRUM & MIDDLE EASTERN RHYTHMS
Join us for this Rhythmic Oddessy
Replenish your rhythmic soul and re-connect to your passion and purpose
DURING THIS SPECIAL CELEBRATION, WE WILL EXPLORE..
- Learn about the History of Miriam and her drum
- Learn how to play the Tof Miriam drum
- Learn how to play commonly used Jewish and other Middle Eastern Rhythms
- Learn how to Sign Hebrew songs and niggunes while drumming
- Learn how to Improvise & Compose own rhythms!
- Meet like-minded Rhythm-seekers
- Learn Essential Drumming 101 Skills
- Explore how to use Drumming as a tool for Sound Healing & Meditation
- Closing Meditative Sound Journey
SPACE IS VERY LIMITED, please RSVP to ensure your space
All Levels Welcome, Beginners are Encouraged
Drums kindly provided by Cooperman Frame Drums – THANK YOU COOPERMAN!
(international drum company based in Bellows Falls, VT)
Marla Leigh Goldstein is a Grammy nominated Los Angeles based professional Percussionist, Flautist, Composer, and Educator. She is one of the few Jewish female specialist of the Tof Miriam (Frame Drum) in the world.