Join us for this Rhythmic Oddessy
DISCOVER ONE OF THE WORLDS MOST ANCIENT AND HEALING INSTRUMENTS, THE FRAME DRUM
DURING THIS SPECIAL FRAME DRUM SUMMER CELEBRATION, WE WILL EXPLORE..
- Learn about the dynamic world of Frame Drumming.
- Focus on Middle Eastern Finger Techniques that are adaptable to all types of hand drums
- Meet and drum with other like-minded Rhythm-seekers
- Explore drumming & chanting.
- Learn Essential Drumming 101 Skills.
- Partner Drumming Explorations.
- Discover how to play commonly used Middle Eastern Rhythms (great rhythms for drum circles, parties, bellydancers)
- Experience how to use Drumming as a tool for Sound Healing and Meditation
- Closing musical offering by Marla
SPACE IS VERY LIMITED, please RSVP to ensure your space
What will I gain from this Immersion?
AFTER THIS IMMERSION, YOU WILL:
- Be proficient in Basic Frame Drum Techniques
- Able to play Rhythms from around the world!
- Learn the basics to improvising
- Gain inspiration to continue a drum practice.
- Experience fun group drum pieces that you can share with your family and friends
- Meet like-minded Drum Enthusiasts!
Open to ALL Levels. Beginners Encouraged.
Drums Provided. Your drums are welcome too!
Farm to Table – Organic Lunch
We will celebrate this special gathering with a home-cooked Organic Lunch, prepared by Chef Susan
There’s nothing as special (besides drumming) then sharing a meal together!
Susan Sulami, a native of California and a Topanga resident, runs her own catering, personal chef and organic soup delivery business under the name Fresh Catering. After closing her health food cafe, she has continued helping individuals eat more in tune with their nutritional needs to maximize health.
Our healing holiday Lunch includes: homemade Lentil Soup, Israeli Salad, Hummus and Veggies and fresh bread and CHOCOLATE :).(All organic, sourced from local farmers).
- December 10, 2017
- 11am -5pm
- Private Hilltop home in Topanga, CA (address given upon registration)
ALL INCLUSIVE FEE (included Drum Workshop + Meal)
EARLY BIRD (before December 1)
ONLY $80 !!!
REGULAR REGISTRATION (After December 1)
BRING A FRIEND DISCOUNT!
Drumming is best with your friends!
Bring a Friend and receive an additional $10 off! (for two people)
Discount is given at workshop!
WE HAVE VERY LIMITED SPACE- SO PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO SIGN UP IF THIS CALLS TO YOU!
(if we are out of space, I will post it here)
- You can sign up either by Paypal or with Vimeo.
- Please see registration details below.
PAY BY PAYPAL
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION, only $80!! (Before December 1)
- We also accept payment via VENMO.
Please send payment to “email@example.com”
So, Why Drum?
Drumming is a valuable treatment for stress, chronic pain, addictions, mental illness, emotional disorders and a wide range of physical disabilities.
The benefits include relaxation, healing, more energy, greater mental clarity, enhanced creativity and deeper self-awareness.
CHECK OUT MARLA’S ARTICLE
‘5 REASONS DRUMMING IS NOT JUST A HIPPY THING”