Drummers, Musicians, Healers, Therapists, Teachers, Seekers, Yogis, Global Adventures…
Join us for this Weekend Rhythmic Oddessy in the inspiring Topanga Mountains
DISCOVER ONE OF THE WORLDS MOST ANCIENT AND HEALING INSTRUMENTS, THE FRAME DRUM
DURING THIS SPECIAL TRAINING,
WE WILL EXPLORE..
TRADITION & TECHINQUE:
- Focus on Middle Eastern Finger Techniques that are adaptable to all types of hand drums
- Learn how to play in all three playing styles (ie, lap, upright and free hand).
- Learn how to drum with confidence, creativity and exquisite technique!
- Discover how to play commonly used Middle Eastern Rhythms (great rhythms for drum circles, parties, bellydancers).
SKILLS & FOUNDATION:
- Learn Essential Drumming 101 Skills.
- Begin a relationship with your metronome!
- How to commit to a practice routine that produces results!
- Learn how to improvise easily in ANY meters.
EXPLORE THE DRUM:
- Explore the magic of your voice through chanting & drumming!
- Gain confidence in composing your own rhythm songs
- Learn how to read, notate and write rhythms
- Group Drumming Assigments
DRUM IN COMMUNITY:
- Two full days to Drum with other like-minded Rhythm-seekers
- Meet friends that you can continue to practice with (or perhaps form a group!)
- Nourish your soul: Enjoy an lovely Organic Lunch
SPACE IS VERY LIMITED, PLEASE RSVP TO ENSURE YOUR SPACE!
Due to our limit space, we suggest that you sign up sooner then later.
What will I gain from this Immersion?
AFTER THIS IMMERSION, YOU WILL:
- Be proficient in Basic Frame Drum Techniques
- Able to play Rhythms from around the world!
- Learn the basics to improvising! Yes!
- Gain inspiration to continue a drum practice. This is essential!
- Experience fun group drum pieces that you can share with your family and friends
- Meet like-minded Drum Enthusiasts!
OPEN TO BOTH BEGINNER & INTERMEDIATE PLAYERS
- The immersion is open to all levels- Beginners highly encouraged!
- Marla structures the workshop to be informative, inspiring and fun for all levels.
- Beginners will be inspired, and experienced players will expand on their existing knowledge.
Open to ALL Levels. Beginners Encouraged.
Drums Provided. Your drums are welcome too!
10am – Welcome & Drum Listening (Drum Class 1: Opening up the Doors to Rhythm, Building your Listening Skills!
10:15 – Arrive
10:30 -12pm – Drum Class 2: Free Hand Style Frame Drum
12 -1pm – Fully Catered Organic Lunch
1pm – 2:30 – Drum Class 3 – Upright and Lap Style Frame Drum
3 -3:20 – Break/Stretch
3:30 -5pm – Drum Class 4: Improvising/Composing
5pm -5:30 – Group Concert
Farm to Table – Organic Lunch
We will celebrate this special gathering with daily home-cooked Organic Lunch,
prepared by Chef Susan!
There’s nothing as special (besides drumming) then sharing a meal together!
Susan Sulami, a native of California and a Topanga resident, runs her own catering, personal chef and organic soup delivery business under the name Fresh Catering. After closing her health food cafe, she has continued helping individuals eat more in tune with their nutritional needs to maximize health.
Our healing Lunches includes plates like: homemade Lentil Soup, homeade Chicken soup (for non-Veggies), Israeli Salad, Hummus and Veggies and fresh bread and chocoate :).(All organic, sourced from local farmers).
- Sunday, March 4, 10:15am – 5:15pm
- Private Hilltop home in Topanga, CA (address given upon registration)
* Drums are provided, but you are welcome to bring your drums too!
Price includes all instruction and organic lunch!
EARLY BIRD AVAIL UNTIL March 1
*$125 if sign up by March 1
*$145 thereafter March 1
1 – Please send payment via PAYPAL or CREDIT at the link below!
2 – Payment is also accepted via VENMO – Please send payment to the address “firstname.lastname@example.org
3 – You will get a welcome email a few days before the workshop starts.
CLICK BELOW TO SIGN UP!
So, Why Drum?
Drumming is a valuable treatment for stress, chronic pain, addictions, mental illness, emotional disorders and a wide range of physical disabilities.
The benefits include relaxation, healing, more energy, greater mental clarity, enhanced creativity and deeper self-awareness.
CHECK OUT MARLA’S ARTICLE
‘5 REASONS DRUMMING IS NOT JUST A HIPPY THING”