Get into the Groove
Spring Drum Immersion & Potluck
Spring Has Sprung!
Its OFFICIALLY time to GET INTO THE GROOVE and learn something new..like drumming!
DURING THIS SPECIAL IMMERSION, YOU WILL
- Learn about the incredible mystical world of Frame Drumming.
- Focus on Middle Eastern Finger Techniques that are adaptable to all types of hand drums
- Explore how to play harmoniously with others
- Explore drumming and chanting
- Learn Essential Drumming 101 Skills (how to play in solid time, produce great tones ect)
- Discover how to play commonly used Middle Eastern Rhythms (great rhythms for drum circles, parties, bellydancers)
- Learn to play Groovy Moroccan & Egyptian Trance Rhythms
- Closing Drum Journey by Marla
SPACE IS LIMITED, please RSVP to ensure your space
WHAT WILL I GAIN FROM THIS EXPERIENCE?
AFTER THIS IMMERSION, YOU WILL:
- Learn basic finger technique
- Learn to play some meditative healing rhythms
- Learn to improvise
- Gain inspiration to continue a drum practice.
- Experience fun group drum pieces that you can share with your family and friends
- Meet like-minded Drum Enthusiasts!
Open to ALL Levels. Beginners Encouraged.
WHAT TYPE OF DRUMS ARE GOOD FOR THIS?
- FRAME DRUMS PROVIDED
- YOU CAN BRING YOUR DRUM TOO!
- ANY TYPE OF DRUM WELCOME
POTLUCK TO FOLLOW
We will culminate this special gathering with a community style Potluck.
There’s nothing as special (besides drumming) then sharing a meal together!
Please bring something to share!
- April 2, 2017, 3pm -7:15pm
- Private Hilltop home in Topanga, CA (address given upon registration)
- $45 early bird (before March 28)
- $55 thereafter
Bring A Friend and each get $5 off (Discount given at event)
- You can sign up either by Paypal or with Vimeo.
- Please see registration details below.
PAYPAL ( click on link to sign up)
- Please send payment to “email@example.com”
Drumming is a valuable treatment for stress, chronic pain, addictions, mental illness, emotional disorders and a wide range of physical disabilities. The benefits include relaxation, healing, more energy, greater mental clarity, enhanced creativity and deeper self-awareness. Shamans have been using the drum for therapy).