The Joy of Hand Drumming
Have fun and Drum!
DRUMMING is an ancient artform that can bring immediate JOY into your life.
In this workshop, we will explore the wonderful world of hand drumming as we explore:
TECHNIQUE & RHYTHM:
– Explore traditional drumming styles and rhythms from the Middle East, North and South India and West Africa (Ghana).
“UNIVERSAL HAND DRUMMING”
– A concept taught by Percussion maestro (and Marla’s main mentor) John Bergamo, where you can apply the many different styles of hand drumming techniques onto any type of hand drum.
IMPROVISING MADE EASY!
– Everyone is a composer. Learn fun approaches to improvising and creating your own music
DRUMMING SKILLS 101:
– Learn the fundamental basics building blocks to drumming, such as how to improvise easily in any meter, proper drum care, and how to play in solid time.
MUSIC LISTENING :
– Learn about different musics from around the world – from additional countries such as Bali, Japan and Iran.
HAVE FUN & DRUM – TAKE HOME PRACTICES:
– With handouts and practical exercises, you will learn FUN rituals you can do to continue drumming in your life, weather its by yourself or with a group of friends.
You will leave this course with all the tools to be an educated, confident improvising world percussionist, with a tuned ear about music from around the world.
- Drums Provided. Open to all levels, Beginners encouraged
- Offered as a one hour to full day program.
BRING DRUMMING TO YOUR COMMUNITY!
These workshops are inspired by Marla’s mentor, who sadly passed October 2013 – The Great John Bergamo!